Skip to content Skip to left sidebar Skip to right sidebar Skip to footer

Construction Code

Road Opening Permits

A Road Opening Permit (ROP) is required by the Linden Engineering Department for excavation within the Street Right-of-Way along all Municipal Roads throughout the City. Permits along County and State Roads are under Union County and NJDOT jurisdictions, respectively. This permit is mainly used by utility companies; however, it is also used by contractors and plumbers for the construction or replacement of sewer lines. There is a fee for the permit.