The 2022 City of Linden Summer Concert Series featuring Funk Salsa Urban has been rescheduled to Tuesday, September 20th, 2022.
Gospel Night, part of the Summer Concert Series, has been postponed until August 26th.
Come with a great attitude, be ready to work hard and be on time!
- Who: Ages 8 – 10 (10am until 11:15am), Ages 11 – 13 (11:30am until 12:45pm), High School Level (1pm until 2:15pm), All Ages (2:30pm until 5pm).
- What: Basketball fundamentals. Skills and drills for diffferent age groups. The program will conclude with a travel basketball workout that is open to all ages.
- Where: Linden Multi Purpose Center, which is located at 1025 John Street.
- When: Saturday, August 13th and Saturday August 20th, 2022. Fundamentals for ages 8 – 10 will be held from 10am until 11:15am, fundamentals for ages 11 – 13 will be held from 11:30am until 12:45pm, fundamentals for high school ages will be held from 1pm until 2:15pm. The travel basketball workout open to all ages will be held from 2:30pm until 5pm.
- How: For more information, call (908) 474-8639.
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden and the Department of Parks & Recreation invite you to come see what the children and counselors have been doing all summer! This year’s theme is Blast from the Past from the 1920’s to the 1990’s.
- What: The Linden Summer Day Camp & Playground Annual Craft and Talent Show. This year’s theme is Blast from the Past from the 1920’s to the 1990’s.
- Where: Raymond Wood Bauer Promenade, which is located at 400 North Wood Avenue.
- When: Thursday, August 4th, 2022 at 6pm. Rain date is Thursday, August 11th, 2022 at 6pm.
On June 15th, the Department of Parks & Recreation got together to give back in a special way; a free car wash! For two hours on a Wednesday afternoon, lines of people from the Linden community received free car washes, all the while listening to classic car wash tunes and interacting with the staff. What a way to kick off a summer, full of planned exciting events!
View the photos in the gallery below, or click here to view them on Google Drive.
Refreshments will be sold! Click here to view and/or download the Movie Night at Al Kalla Park flyer.
- What: Movie screenings: June 24th (rain date: July 1st) – Spiderman: No Way Home, July 8th (rain date: July 15th) – Encanto, July 22nd (rain date: July 29th) – Sonic the Hedgehod 1, August 5th (rain date: August 12th) – Finding Dory, August 19th (rain date: August 26th) – Soul, and September 2nd (rain date: September 9th) – Secret Life of Pets 2.
- Where: Al Kalla Park, which is located at 2800 Wickersham Avenue.
- When: 9pm on June 24th, July 8th, July 22nd, August 5th, August 19th and September 2nd.
- How: Bring some chairs, find a good spot, and enjoy the show! Parking is available in the School #10 parking lot on Highland Avenue. For more information, please call (908) 474-8600. In the event of inclement weather, please call (908) 474-8639 for the status of the movie night.
Our goal is to help the girls and boys of Linden develop their skills to become top notch collegian track and field athletes.
- Who: Open to all Linden boys and girls ages 14 through 17.
- What: Track and field summer conditioning program.
- Where: All practices will be held at the athletic field and oval located at 700 West Curtis Street.
- When: Monday, June 27th through Friday, July 29th. Monday through Thursday from 9am until 12pm. Events scheduled for Fridays.
- How: Free, but registration is required. To register online (24/7), click here and log into your existing Community Pass account. To register over the phone, please call (908) 474-8600, Monday through Friday from 9am until 4pm. All first-time registrants are required to call during business hours to have an account set up and MUST provide the following: birth certificate for child, a household bill showing proof of residency and a driver’s license or photo I.D. for the parent/guardian signing up their child.
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden and the Department of Parks & Recreation invite you to swing by and enjoy a free car wash!
- When: Wednesday, June 15th, 2022 from 3pm until 5pm. Rain date is Thursday, June 16th, 2022 from 3pm until 5pm.
- Where: Linden Multi Purpose Center, which is located at 1025 John Street
- How: For more information, please contact (908) 474-8639
Mayor Derek Armstead and Linden’s Department of Parks & Recreation are pleased to announce the 2022 Linden Summer Playgrounds. Each park will have a counselor on-site. With questions, please call (908) 474-8639 or send an email here.
To view and/or download the 2022 Summer Playgrounds flyer, click here.
- Who: All Linden children are welcome!
- When: June 27th through August 18th. Monday through Friday from 12pm until 8pm.
- Where: 5th Ward Park (Dill Avenue & Adams Street), Dobson Park (East Blancke Street & Essex Avenue), Newton (Pallant Avenue), 7th Ward (South Stiles, 17th & 18th Street), Knosky (North Stiles Street & Elm Street), St. Marks Park (Hussa Street & Essex Avenue), Al Kalla (Wickersham & Highland Avenue), Lawson (Washington Avenue & Walnut Street), Wilson Park (Academy between Orchard & Summit Terrace), Buchanan (Lower Road & Parkway Avenue) and Melnyk (Clinton Street).
Mayor Derek Armstead, the City of Linden and the Department of Parks & Recreation are proud to offer another quality program: the 2022 John T. Gregorio Summer Basketball Camp. Please click here to view, and/or download the informational flyer for this program. The flyer includes the permission slip that must be submitted with your child on the first day of camp.
With questions, contact the Department of Parks & Recreation at (908) 474-8600, or email here.
- Who: Open to children entering grades 3rd through 8th. Linden residents only.
- What: The basketball camp will cover basketball fundamentals, ball handling skills, footwork techniques, rebounding, shooting skills, dribbling skills, as well as offensive and defensive strategies.
- Where: All games will be played in the gymnasium at the Linden High School, which is located at 121 West St. Georges Avenue.
- When: Monday, June 27, 2022 through Thursday, June 30, 2022. Camp hours are Monday through Wednesday from 9am until 2pm (bring lunch), and on Thursday from 9am until 12pm.
- How: Free, but registration is required. Registration deadline is June 24, 2022. Register online or in-person. To register online, click here and log into your existing Community Pass account. To register in person, visit the John T. Gregorio Center (330 Helen Street) between 9am and 4pm, or the Linden Multi-Purpose Center (1025 John Street) between 9am and 7pm. All first-time registrants are required to call during business hours to have an account set up and MUST provide the following: birth certificate for child, a household bill showing proof of residency and a driver’s license or photo I.D. for the parent/guardian signing up their child.