Mayor Derek Armstead and the Tax Collector are hosting a public event for NJ PTR (Senior Freeze) and the Anchor Program on October 12th, 2023 from 10am until 2pm in the Court Room, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall at 301 North Avenue.
When is the event?
The event will be held on October 12th, 2023 from 10am until 2pm.
Where is the event?
The event will be held in the City Hall Court Room, located on the 2nd floor of City Hall at 301 North Avenue.
Can I come to this event, and what do I need to bring with me?
This is a public event. All may attend! Please make sure to bring your government issued photo ID to this event.
What is the NJ PTR Senior Freeze?
The Senior Freeze Program reimburses eligible senior citizens and disabled persons for property tax or mobile home park site fee increases on their principal residence (main home). To qualify, you must meet all the eligibility requirements for each year from the base year through the application year. Please note that eligibility requirements, including income limits, and benefits available for all property tax relief programs are subject to change by the State Budget.
When is the 2022 filing deadline?
The deadline for 2022 applications is October 31, 2023.
What is the 2022 payment schedule?
We are currently issuing 2022 payments to qualified applicants.
What is the Anchor Program?
The Anchor Program is the Affordable New Jersey Communities for Homeowners and Renters program. In this program, the Division of Taxation staff will do the following:
- Assist in determining your eligibility for the ANCHOR program;
- Provide information such as New Jersey gross income or, ID and PIN
- (homeowners only), which can be used when completing an ANCHOR application;
- Help file your homeowner or tenant ANCHOR application; and
- Answer your questions about the program.
- Check the status of your previously filed application or verify whether you have already filed.