COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program
You can now apply for housing assistance if you suffered a financial hardship due to COVID-19 and have not been able to pay your rent or mortgage. Please download the attached informational flyer in English and Spanish.
You are eligible to apply for the COVID-19 Housing Assistance Program if:
- You live in New Jersey
- Have overdue rent or mortgage payments from March 2020 and/or need assistance until December 2020
- Have proof that you are not able to pay rent/mortgage due to COVID-19, such as loss of income or reduced hours at work or unable to work due to being high-risk or having to quarantine or isolate, or due to a child’s remote learning
- Your annual income does not exceed 450% of the federal poverty level
How It Works
- Apply online here.
- You will need to demonstrate that your income doesn’t exceed the income limit and that you were unable to pay your rent or mortgage due to COVID-19.
- You will also need provide proof a current lease/rental agreement or mortgage information, and a letter from your landlord documenting your pay history and status
Applications will be processed until funding is exhausted.