Aries Linden Biosolids Gasification Facility
This facility will bring environmental and sustainable benefits to New Jersey. Below are salient aspects pertinent to Linden residents.
- State of the art, patented fluidized bed facility located in a re-purposed building within the Linden Roselle Sewerage Authority complex.
- Process 430 tons per day of biosolids.
- Producing 22 tons of beneficial biochar daily.
- Closed-loop system requires no fossil fuels during operations.
- Construction underway.
- Full operations in Q4 2020.
- Diverts 130,000 tons of biosolids from landfills annually.
- Lowest cost option for biosolids disposal in NY/NJ Metropolitan area.
- System is carbon negative and captures methane (with a global warming impact 23 times greater than CO2) that would otherwise be released into the atmosphere.
- Reduce Greenhouse Gases due to reduction in trucking miles of conventional disposal methods.
- Aries Clean Energy Build-Own-Operate model provides no financial risk to Linden Roselle Sewerage Authority
- Host Community Benefits to City of Linden.
- Serving the largest metropolitan area in the US – The New York metropolitan area includes New York City, Long Island, and the Mid and Lower Hudson Valley in the state of New York; the five largest cities in New Jersey: Newark, Jersey City, Paterson, Elizabeth, and Edison, and their vicinities; six of the seven largest cities in Connecticut: Bridgeport, New Haven, Stamford, Waterbury, Norwalk, and Danbury, and their vicinities.
- In a 25 mile radius, there are 13,517,045 people with 6,650,741 in the labor force.