Grief Support Resources
In response to recent events here in our community, the Health Department wants to ensure awareness of local grief and loss support resources. In addition to private one-on-one mental health professional counseling, there are a variety of other free or low-cost resources available, including:
- SAMHSA National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP – free, confidential, 24/7 treatment referral and information (English/Spanish).
- Griefshare Group, Cranford Alliance Church, 908-398-3860.
- Journey Towards Wholeness Bereavement Seminar, First Presbyterian Church of Cranford, 908-251-5641, April 16 – June 4 (virtual).
- WebHealing.com – a site with articles, videos, and memorials on grief, loss, and the healing process.
- Imaginenj.org – grief and bereavement peer-support groups for ages 3 to 30.
- EmotionsAnonymous.org – in-person and virtual 12-step peer-support meetings to help individual improve mental health and wellbeing.